Happy Mothers Day!
Thank you to the wonderful Mom's in my life. My wonderful Mom, mother-in-law, sisters & girlfriends who are such a great support and example.
I figured this was as good a day as any to brag about the boy's latest accomplishments & shenanigans. It's crazy how big a difference a couple months make. I feel like they are both doing so much now.
Max:
- Can now reach light switches & loves to turn everything "off".
- When he walks into a room he says "Oh HI, it's me Max". Oh, thanks. I had forgotten.
- Still says "I want to hold you" if he wants to sit on your lap or be carried. I doubt he could hold me anyway.
-If you are holding Tate when he wants to be held, he tells you to "Put him in bouncy chair".
- Tries to lie and say he is 4 like his cousin when you ask him how old he is. Then he smiles and says "No, I'm 2".
-Being tickled tops his list of favorite things. "Tickles Mommy?" No thank you, but I'll tickle you.
-Everything is "scary" right now. I don't mind playing along since I usually get hugs out of it so I'm not so scared anymore.
-Can sit still now through a book. Loves to read his stories at nap time and bed time. He "reads" the ones back that he likes. Pretty funny to hear him use the same voices his dad and I use when we read them to him.
-Speaks really clearly. He still puts an "s" on the end of his sentences. "Mommy, that's silly's", "Oh no, what are we gonna do's?", "Where's Daddy's?"
-We get asked a lot how old he is & then get shocked faces when we say 2 & 1/2. Is it because he is tall? Is it because he is constantly jibber-jabbering? He seems 2 & 1/2 to me.
-Loves to do anything his Dad is doing. It can make Saturday afternoon chores take a while, but seeing him out there with his own wheel barrow & shovel with his Dad is one of my favorite things.
-Likes to brush his teeth, but doesn't like it when Mommy & Daddy have to help him. He mostly just sucks the toothpaste off.
-Chases the poor dogs & tortures them by holding a ball and not throwing it. Sometimes he gets mad when they jump on him to try and get it.
-Sings CONSTANTLY. You can hear him an hour after you've put him to bed still singing. He does his own mash-ups now. My favorite is the Wonder-pets/Jesus wants me for a sunbeam mash-up.
Tate:
(you're just supposed to notice how cute & adorable Tate is in the 2nd picture. Not that I just woke up & haven't showered in 2 days.)
-No crawling, just rolling. Or, he kicks his feet in the air when he's on the back. He's learned he can gain a few inches in any direction doing that.
-I swear he has bigger cheeks than Max did.
-Smiles at anyone who has a smile for him. I love it when I walk back into a room and he gives me a huge grin. At least someone is happy to see me.
-Plays the screaming game. This is when he screams at me, smiles & waits patiently for me to scream back. Then I scream and smile, then he screams again and so on. Things can get really loud when big brother chimes in as well.
-We are not in a rush for him to grow up, so he's still on soft baby food. He does not like veggies but loves fruit.
-Hates, Hates, Hates to be alone. So does his father. I can just see them now snacking & buying things they don't need out of boredom whenever I'm gone.
-Has the grip of a grown man. You can't tear anything out of this kids hands. Thank goodness he can't crawl into my shoe closet.
-He has been sitting up on his own for a while, but now he kicks and rocks himself back and forth when he's excited. This often occurs when I let them watch TV.
-Can hold his own bottle if you put his hands on it for him. I don't know what to do with a free 5 minutes anymore.
-Tate does not go to bed w/o first being snuggled for a good 5-10 minutes. He needs to be held close so he can play with your hair or your ears. I think he just needs some decompress time with no one bothering him. Funny, Mom's and Dad's need that too!
I love my boys so much and am thankful every day that they are healthy, happy and mine :)
Mother's Day 2010
(Rose Bowl for Brunch)
4 comments:
Awww, I love your boys so much, too!! These are such cute pictures!! And Happy Mother's Day, mama!! :-)
PS - Weston totally does the "hold you" thing, and he always just sucks toothpaste off his toothbrush if we don't help him. Haha!
Cute family! Hope it was a good day!
Love to read all the updates! And those cheeks on Tate are TDF!! Great family pic at the end.
Oh, your little boys are the cutest. And I think Kate misses Max a little more than she should. She's sitting on my lap yelling, "MAAAAAAAAAX! See him?" Poor little girl is suffering here with mean boys who push her, no sweethearts like Max. And Tat's cheeks are so mushy and cute- I love them!
Post a Comment