This past Sunday Mike's older brother Matt married Susan who he has been dating for a few years. We love Susan and Matt and were so glad they finally made her addition to the family official. They put the wedding together themselves and it was great. It was out on the patio at the TRAXX restaraunt at Union Station in LA. I've never been there, but it was a great place to have an outdoor wedding.
It was a Jewish wedding ceremony so it took place under a Huppah. Since
I married into the tribe & gave birth to a mo-jew, I will explain... a Huppah or Chuppah is a special canopy, which is held up by four poles and represents the presence of God as well as the couple's future home. Matt and Susan made theirs using Matt's Grandmother's table linen that she held passover on.
My sister Krista and her husband Ryan also happen to be friends with Matt & Susan so they were invited as well. Max was only the center of attention (as he should be) until my niece- Macie and Nephew-Carson got there. Macie has been talking about this wedding for a couple weeks and the "
wedding dress" she was going to wear. She had to be in every picture and Carson was even directing the photographer on where he wanted
his picture taken. At 2 years old he already knows his best side. Macie's favorite part was dancing to Hava Nagila (Hebrew for "let us rejoice"). To her it was basically
ring-around-the-rosies. To everyone else, it just went on & on & on. Hava Nagila is a very long song which apparently no one knows the words to other than saying "Hava Nagila" over and over. That's Macie dancing in the middle of the circle with Susan. Can you guess which picture is of Macie when the dancing was over? I think she wanted to keep going (& going & going).
ring-around-the-rosies. To everyone else, it just went on & on & on. Hava Nagila is a very long song which apparently no one knows the words to other than saying "Hava Nagila" over and over. That's Macie dancing in the middle of the circle with Susan. Can you guess which picture is of Macie when the dancing was over? I think she wanted to keep going (& going & going). We did manage to take one Brownstein family picture w/o Macie. I think it turned out pretty good.

6 comments:
What a handsome couple and a pretty wedding. I love weddings too!! By the way, your hair is fabulous, Rebecca. I love it.
It's so funny to compare Mike to his brothers...I love your sister-in-laws dress, so simple and classic. And your hair, Rebecca!! It's SO freakin cute! It's about time you got something done...(coming from the girl with 5 in. roots) j/k :)
I love weddings too. And to be honest, the non-Mormon ones are usually more fun :).
My boss, who is Jewish, was married a few years ago and hands down...best wedding I've ever been to. The dancing in the circle and lifting everyone up on the chair?! Great!
btw, you hair is freaking adorable. Love it short.
So fun! Everyone looks amazing...and your hair is adorable.
So fun! Man, I wish I were Jewish!
Look Rebecca, you have people wishing they were Jewish! Soo funny!!
Wedding looks fun and you look beautiful.
Post a Comment