7/14/08

Wonderful World of Disney

Mike is not a Disney fan. He has seen maybe 2 of the movies (Incredibles and Nemo), not a fan of crowds and had a tragic accident at Disneyland 7 or 8 years ago that he doesn't like to talk about. Mostly because its really embarassing to admit you got a rope burn on your face when you majorly bit it on the rope bridge back when it was the Swiss Family Robinson tree. Unfortunately no one was taping it. But I still laugh just as hard when I picture it in my mind. However when his family came into town for his brothers wedding Uncle Marshall and GG took Max, Mike and I to Disneyland. I was way more exicted than anyone. I really wanted to take Max on teh Dumbo ride which I've never been on. Max hardly reacted to any of the rides.

No reaction on Pirates...
No reaction meeting Tiger...No reaction on Mr. Toads Wild Ride...
The only ride where he showed any emotion was the Winne The Pooh ride (again, which I've never been on). There is a really bright part where you enter a room full of hefalumps and woozles. All Neon colors and he just got a hige wide-eyed look on his face and slowly turned to look at Mike and I like "Are you people on drugs, or am I?"
We also were able to catch what might be a smile on the Carousel.
I had purchased the book "Hidden Mickey's" to entertain myself a bit more during the day. It's pretty neat to try and find them around the park and hidden on some rides. Anyone who wants to borrow it, just give me a call. The Haunted Mansion one is my favorite...(spoiler alert)... when you go by the room of dancing ghosts at a party, look down on the table settings. One is in the shape of Mickey.

After about 4 1/2 hours I think GG and Uncle Marshall were ready to go, but I still had to take Max on Dumbo. We took about 30 pictures, but I'll spare you and only post a couple.

It's possible Max was tired as well.
Luckily we bought the So. Cal. season passes so we can go back again soon. Just give me a call if anyone wants to go, I'll ditch Mike and be there!

No comments: