So I just need to put the disastrous 8 weeks that was the end of September, all of October and the first 2 weeks of November behind me. 1 vent to get it all out and be done with it.
Sad:
- Mike had to have in an in-grown toe nail removed for the 2nd time!
- I got ecoli & was sick for 2 weeks. Most likely from Disneyland where I had been 4 days earlier.
- The root canal I got a few months ago apparently didn't take. Who knew that could even happen? After 9 appointments to have my bite adjusted the Endodontist finally agreed to remove the cap and look to see if anything was missed. Ya' think? So I had to have a 2nd root canal on the same tooth. Pleasant.
- The 1 wart (I know, eww gross) that was on the bottom of my left heal is now 4 warts. Commence 4 weeks of going in to Podiatrist to have heal treated with acid and scraped. Can't get my heal wet which makes showering and trying to enjoy the 90 degree weather difficult. Finally decided to have the surgery to remove them. Instead of 4 more weeks of acid & scraping.
- Mike lost his job. The division he works for is closing December 1st.
- We were invited to my sisters in No. Cal for Canadian Thanksgiving, the day before we were to leave the our dog Boo jumped off a chair & tore her ACL. $3200 later she was home with stitches and the cone of shame around her head. There went any savings we were counting on.
- Its nearly impossible to keep a dog immobile for 4-6 weeks. All she does is whine try to jump out of her pen.
- It rained for close to 7 days in a row. I was ready to shoot myself on day 3 of staying inside all day watching Thomas the Tank Engine. Let alone trying to run errands & unload 2 kids in the rain.
- Cable went out for 4 days. Of course it did.
-I got a cold, followed by both boys having a cold. I'm better, they have had the sniffles for over 10 days.
-Max has shifted to be a bit whiny and aggressive towards his brother. I debated & delayed too long on the preschool thing so he has no friends for play dates since they are all in preschool or sick. We finally applied at a few & fingers crossed we get in somewhere.
Happy:
- Mike found a good Podiatrist to take care of his toenail once and for all.
-Luckily I got ecoli on a Tues. Mike was able to stay home for Wed/Thurs then my sister came Friday afternoon & took the kids Mon/Tues. Also, my Dr. happened to put me on the right antibiotics to treat ecoli before lab results came back & even though I thought I had a kidney infection.
- The 2nd root canal still not taking, but it is less painful.
-Thankfully Mike just found a good Podiatrist & we have insurance to treat the stupid tumors (as the podiatrist calls them). I got it wet anyway when I went swimming in my sisters pool for Canadian thanksgiving.
-3 weeks after Mike lost his job, he got another 1 within the same company. Hooray!
-We were still able to go to my sisters for Canadian Thanksgiving because our fabulous friends who were going to watch the dogs still agreed to do it. Thank goodness for her experience as a vet tech!
- The boys are sort of fascinated by the large pen we set up in the dining room for Boo. So it sort of entertains them. Plus we got tranquilizers. (Sadly, just for the dog.)
-At least it wasn't raining any more when the cable went out so we could go outside and play.
-This time of year everyone has the sniffles. At least they don't have fevers.
-We bit the bullet and got a KIDSPACE membership to entertain the boys outside of the house. The very same day we found out Max got into Pasadena Christian Preschool 2 days a week. Just the right amount of time for him & me :)
Let's just say we're glad that the last 8 weeks has past, holidays are around the corner & it can only get better. Right? (seriously, I'm asking. Please tell me it will all be better.)
2 comments:
OK, that sounds like it was awful...and what I'm about to tell you might make you feel worse--I have had a plantar wart on my heel off and on forever...a very deep painful one. My mom gave me an article a few years ago about the curing power of banana peel for warts--totally and completely works...I've knocked out several warts by putting a small square of the fleshy part of the peel against the wart with a bandaid...less than a week later--it's gone. On my heel I can only do it at night while I sleep, but after even one day, I can already tell that the wart is starting to die. After several days--gone. I did the whole scraping acid thing, which kills, and they always come back, I did the banana peel, and it's still gone!
Oh my goodness, I totally get the venting. That was kind of a crappy 8 weeks there. But hey, there were so many silver linings, too!! Especially about Mike's NEW JOB!!!!! YAAAAAAAY!!!! Ugh, my stomach twisted when you said he lost his job, but I am SO GLAD that it worked out (and so quickly). I hope all the other maladies continue to improve - especially poor little Boo! And I'm thrilled that Max gets to enjoy preschool now! Weston's not in preschool, and I think he could benefit from more social interaction. I'm totally sending him somewhere next fall. :-)
Post a Comment