
When you woke up this morning at 6:15 you came to Mommy & Daddy's bedroom door & I wished you a Happy birthday. You said "Why THANK YOU Mommy!". How can you already sound so much older? When Daddy asked you how old you were, you answered "4 1/2". Random. That's certainly not the "3" we've been practicing for days.
Some Max facts:
- You love to talk on the phone and call GiGi almost every day. Sometimes you start naming off your aunts, uncles, cousins & Mugga to try and get me to dial them for you. We've never caught you at it, but will often find you talking to some of them on the phone & have no idea how you were able to turn the phone on & dial it.
- You learn songs so quickly its amazing. The end of August, after listening to "Follow the prophet" 1x through, then watching Mommy & Mugga sing it you joined us in the chorus. Songs might just be the key to teaching you anything!
- I love how you raise the pitch of your voice when you are sweetly talking to Tate.
- You use the phrase "I guess" a lot and we have no idea where you got it.
i.e. "I'll go to bed now mommy, I guess." "I guess I'll watch my show now" "Tate wants to go swimming with me I guess".
- Thomas, Thomas, Thomas. You are still obsessed with all your Thomas & Friends trains. Almost every conversation turns to Thomas & almost every toy is named Thomas or Percy.
- You are very polite. You always remember to say THANK YOU & are very good at PLEASE. Sometimes you even throw out a BLESS YOU when someone sneezes or coughs.
- You are struggling with sharing- particularly with your brother. If he has it, you want it & almost always try to pull the old "I was playing with that!" Yeah, like 2 hrs ago. We try to get you to trade him for it, but time-outs are still a-plenty these days.
- When someone gets off the phone you are quick to ask "What did they say?". Usually telling you that they asked how you were doing makes you happy enough not to ask for more details.
- You say your bed time prayers on your own now. You never forget GiGi, Pop, Uncle Ryan, Aunt Krista, Carson or Macie. For some reason you have to be reminded about how thankful you are for your own immediate family. Dinner prayers are often said much more quietly then bedtime prayers, but we can usually make out "bless the food".
-Bargaining is your M.O. For example, If we say NO or LATER when you want to do a computer game, you say "How about you do your computer Mommy, then I do my computer?"
- When one parent says NO, you go ask the other, or any other adult around. This shopping for answers can get pretty annoying, but I do recall trying it myself a few times in my younger days.
- You are still a huge Daddy's boy. When Daddy is home, you can't let him out of your site. Most of the time you wrestle or build trains. But some days I think Daddy is thankful that you go to bed 1 1/2 hrs after he gets home from work. You have a TON of energy.
We love you so much Mr. Max,
little prince, hubba bubba, mighty Max, Mr. Man, buddy, & lovey.
Opening your present from GiGi & Pop this morning
3 comments:
LOVED reading this post! It will be so fun for you to go back and re-read when he is older. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAX!! :)
Happy birthday to Max!!! AH! Three already? He looks so old and SO CUTE in his portrait. And I love that he talks on the phone all the time, and is obsessed with Thomas. Rock on, Max!
So, So Cute! I miss you guys! And I can't believe our babies are 3 (well, Alice will be soon). Seems like yesterday they were laying on the ground cooing next to each other. Happy Birthday Max!
Post a Comment