One great thing about the recent rains is that we now have nice, juicy oranges on our trees. I thought it would be a fun thing we could do together and make great use of all our oranges to make juice. It took me a couple days to find one, but I got one of those hand-juicer-thingy's (yes, that is it's official name) and Max & I made some OJ.
I don't have pictures of the tree, or us picking them, but I promise we did not buy these oranges. (I had thought of making an OJ/cutie combo drink, but alas the cuties on the counter behind Max had gone bad.)
This was a very lengthy process. Max insisted that every spec be washed off. He didn't quite grasp that we were not using the outside of the orange. He's the same way when washing his hands. Can't stand a single spec left on them.

This was the fun part. Max moved on quickly to the next orange so I had to go back and re-squeeze them all.

The best part of all was drinking it. There are 2 "schools" to OJ drinking. You're either a pulp or no-pulp. I don't mind a little pulp in my OJ, but Mike wouldn't drink the glass we saved for him. Apparently he is on the no-pulp side.
4 comments:
That's awesome!! The whole California thing of making-your-own-orange-juice-from-the-oranges-on-your-orange-tree is so fascinating to me. It looks like it was a smashing success. :-)
Good mommy! We tried the same thing with lemons once but couldn't get the sugar to mix in.
YAY for fresh OJ!! (I'm a no-pulp gal myself so I totally get it, Mike)
Gotta love the end result...yum!
Ohh this is great, Max looks so proud squeezing away on the oj machine. Good idea and sign us up for the next round.
Post a Comment