Some days I just want to be miserable. It brings me great joy.
So my husband was sick over Mother's Day. It conveniently started Friday night and continued through Monday. This did not make me happy. I tried to make the best of it by pouting.
Saturday morning started off with family pictures at Lacey Park, dogs and all. Mike was already feverish and Max did not like having his picture taken. This did not make me happy. Max decided his new favorite thing is to walk the dogs who somehow manage to get away frequently & make him cry and throw tantrums. This did not make me happy.
My dad is in town & sister and her family came for a visit and we decided to go to the beach. Mike decided he'd rather sit at home and be sick than sit at the beach and be sick. This did not make me happy. Traffic was miserable so we ended up taking almost 2hrs to get to Santa Monica. This did not make me happy. Carrying my son who refused to walk in the sand the 4 block distance in the sand & 22 weeks pregant did not make me comfortable or happy.
My brother & sister-in-law were supposed to come up & BBQ for us. Becuase Mike had a 102 fever & she is about 30 weeks pregnant & didn't want to get sick, they didn't come. No dinner waiting did not make me happy.
Becuase Mike was sick he slept on the pull out couch to not get me sick. Max was grumpy all morning and all through church. I came home to nap & woke up to find the laundry still not folded & Mike had made HIS favorite dinner for everyone. None of these things made me happy.
My mother called me yesterday to see how my weekend ended up. After complaining & telling her I had 1 more good day of silent treatment in me, she told me of a conversation that she and my sister had just had about my husband. I decided to being happy was better than unhappy.
-I'm glad my dad, sister & her family were there Saturday
-I'm glad our pictures were in the morning & I didn't have to take pictures in the heat
-I'm glad my dad turned back to carry Max the rest of the way on the beach
-I'm glad Max eventually walked in the sand and that he played happily for a couple hrs.
-I'm glad we got to eat KFC for dinner Saturday night
-I'm glad Max & I did not get sick
-I'm glad I slept through Sunday dinner & didn't have to eat Mike's meal. (Sorry dear, shake-n-bake & tater tots is not my favorite meal)
-I'm glad the kitchen got cleaned Sunday
-I'm glad I have a wonderful husband who provides for our family
-I'm glad my husband is a fabulous father
-I'm glad my husband is a fabulous father
-I'm glad the Dr. says his puffy eye is not pink eye & he brought home donuts this morning after his appointment
-I'm glad our anniversary is tomorrow so he can make it up to me ;)
-I'm glad I have a mom who reminded me how good I have it :)



4 comments:
Great post. I love the honesty.
And thanks for the good reminder!
I'm sorry you are having a rough one, it's not easy sometimes. Hugs to ya miss lady.
What a cute post. Sometimes life sucks, but it's so good to think of all the blessings we have!!
Great post, and I have to agree, you've got a good one. (Even if he does like shake and bake and tater tots!) Hope you Anniversary was great!
Post a Comment