Yesterday was a fab day. I finally decided to just say "screw" it to nap time (mine and Max's) to hang out with friends. Why not an excursion to Santa Monica?
We had to load Max, Nat & Fallon, Sachia & Sienna + 2 strollers in the Volvo.While waiting for Sachia & Sienna to come down we saw a pretty random sight. Either this float is very early for next year, or seriously late.
(Actually, I think it was on its way to the warehouses to be torn down).
The guys driving it gave us their best Miss America waves as they went by. It was pretty funny. I was amazed we all fit in the car and glad Sachia is flexible enough to climb into the 3rd row seat! Thankfully she has a cute rear, thanks for the tooshie views Sachia!
Finally off to Santa Monica around 11:30 . 1st we hit the Babystyle store going out of business. Always cute stuff & pretty good deals. Nothing like the deals Nat, Laura D, & I got a year or so ago when the one in Glendale closed. You can't beat Pj's, t's & pants for $2.99! Skipping his nap, losing his pacifier and being strapped to his stroller made for an unhappy Max. I apologize again ladies for the serious meltdown that lasted abnormally long.
I'm pregnant & always hungry, but thankfully everyone was ready to try the milkshake place Nat's sis-in-law told her about. There were $1 taco deals next door so we thought why not grab one of those 1st? 1 turned into 2, which turned into 3 each. (Max Melt down #2 occured here, sorry again). At least the tacos were yummy with the best green sauce on them.
And then the pièce de résistance, the milkshake. I'm not kidding you, these things are phenomenal. you can get them with ice cream, yogurt or soy and pretty much in any fruit or candy combo you can think of. We all opted for yogurt blends which did not disappoint. AND they don't use imitation candy. They use the real deals and unwrap them right in front of you. They have a few combos named after celebs you can order, or make up your own. I got the "Lyndsay" which was blueberries, raspberries and blackberries topped w/whip & a cadbury wafer. Nat got the "Beckham" which was nutella, bananas and chocolate topped with the cadbury wafer. Sachia got a delicious strawberry, malt and coconut blend. Sadly our children drank most of our shakes, we clearly should have ordered larger sizes. Millions of Milkshakes on Santa Monica in LA. was well worth the trip!


5 comments:
Yay for milkshakes! They really were amazing. Max is so cute that he could scream all day long and no one would mind. :)I'm glad that I have a pregnant friend so I can use your cravings as an excuse to get my Mexican/Milkshake fix.
Oh my gosh, those milkshakes DO sound delectable!! I'm digging the Beckham - I am seriously all about the nutella. Yay for a super fun time!! (Okay, so there were a couple meltdowns, but eh... I think shopping justifies it!)
The papparazi was my fav with added vanilla malt. I can't wait to go again. Thanks for the fun!!!!!!
Ok, now I have to take a trip to the westside to try one of those milkshakes. Too bad I'm not pregnant anymore, so I would have a good excuse...
Fun day--despite the meltdowns.
So, so jealous! And yes, the BS sale last year was THE BEST! Alice is still wearing her 75 cent pj's. I bought the whole rack!!
Post a Comment