2/2/09

Marlboro Max

We started up our Monday night Potluck dinners again. We discovered a park way up in Altadena that has lights on the picnic area and park until 10pm. It was nice to get out and catch up with friends, let the kids wander & eat. However, Max seems to have picked up a bad habit...cigarettes. Mike was chatting, I was chatting & when Max walked over to me to beg for more food, what was dangling from his mouth? A cigarette butt. YUCK! He clearly had been chewing on it for a while cuz' I had to wipe the butt off his chin and Mike swiped his finger through Max's mouth to clean out the tobacco. Max must have liked his new habit since he promptly bit Mike which he's never done. They make a patch for toddlers right?

Saturday we joined Natalie and Fallon at Jefferson park to watch our hubbies play softball. It was a seriously hot day, Max should not have worn jeans and a black t-shirt, I kept giving him gatorade & he was pretty happy wandering around with Grandpa and playing with Fallon. Next time I think we'll go to the game a bit later & not for the whole 2 hrs :)

5 comments:

Jean said...

Cute pictures!! Why must little kids put EVERYTHING into their mouths, even the gross nasty stuff?? I will never figure that out. Hey, at least you caught the cigarette butt before he swallowed it or something!

dietcokegrrl said...

YUCK--I hate that stage where EVERYTHING goes in their mouths!

And yes, so nice to have the fabulous weather--it's supposed to rain by the end of the week, so I need to take advantage of it now...despite how tired I am. :)

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness Max is only 1 - think how upset you'd be if he were 16!

Love the pic with Max and dad.

sachia said...

I can't believe I missed this. I'm gagging and laughing at the same time. I love love love the weather too and trying to take full advantage!

The Burnham Bunch said...

don't worry. my sister used to pick up "ABC" gum from the ground or under the table and chew it all the time. and she turned out just fine...i think. think of all the nasty germs there! tobacco is pretty bad though.