11/7/08

Busy Day

Yesterday I felt seriously motivated to get crafty. Max & Magnolia is participating in a boutique in LA the middle of December so Natalie and I have had to get busy. I cranked out a couple snowman hats, several bows, organized my buttons & checked my email. But this is the price you pay for neglecting to watch where you son was heading while you do all that. I'm guessing ash doesn't taste too good, cuz' it was all running down his chin. So why oh why did he keep eating it?

Sooo, it was off to the bathtub for Max. All I have to say is "splishy splashy" and he knows exactly where he is going and gets all squirmy with excitement.

After that it was outside to check on the status of the tree trimmers we had come clean up our yard. It was becoming way too much for us to take care of. Plus we never could figure out the layout or plan the previous owners were going for, so out came all the hard stuff to take care of. I was amazed at the guy who could shimmy up our redwood tree w/o any hint of fear and with a chain saw swinging from his waist hack away at the tree. Crazy.

You can kind of see the guy here as he gets started towards the top.
Almost done.

The finished tree. It's amazing how much light gets into our family room now.

2 comments:

The Hyer Family said...

Love the pic in the fireplace...I'm sure we'll find a kid in there too this winter!

Jean said...

That is so funny! They're getting into EVERYTHING now!!!