5/30/08

Pretzels and Cheesesteaks

We just got back from spending the Memorial holiday in Philly with Mike's family, and of course while we were there Mike enjoyed his favorite Philly snacks of chicken cheesesteaks and pretzels. Uncle Marshall has a part time job at Einstein bagels so we enjoyed some of those as well. They are soooo much better on the East Coast, must be in the "wader" (you should ask Mike to say "water" for you some time, It's one of the few remaining words he still says with his Philly accent). Max had a few 1sts while he was there, he tasted his first pickle- which he loved & started rolling consecutively towards something he wanted across the room. The best part is that now I'm not the only one bragging about how smart Max is. It does not even compare to GG's raving about him to everyone. :)

Our friends the Melotto's drove in from NYC to spend Friday afternoon with us and we finally got to meet their cute son Thomas. Mike spent the afternoon describing how Max would dominate Thomas because he weighs 1 lb. more than Thomas who is 5 months older. Friday night we went to Shabat at the Brownstein's newly renovated synagogue so Max could meet all GG's friends. Ok...I can't lie. We only went for the dessert afterward, but Max is only half Jewish so its ok.

Saturday & Sunday our friends the Weisbergs drove up from Virginia to spend a couple days visiting. Audra, the girls- Anna & Lilah, & I are pretty used to our routine of finding something to do while Mike and Brad golf. Spending the day taking a ferry ride in New Hope & shopping in Peddlers Village did the trick this time. Don't forget to keep us posted on Baby #3's gender Audra!

Monday we spent at the Braun's who hosted a luncheon for family and friends to come meet Max. It was fun to "east coast greet" everyone & catch up. (I agree w- you Sachia, we need to bring the hug/kiss on the cheek to the west coast). Thank you Uncle Barry and Aunt Linda for a fabulous afternoon. Max was not exactly on his best behavior. I think the time change, teething, and catching 30 min. naps here and there finally caught up to him. I apologize again to everyone for a fussy baby.


It was a great trip, and we're already looking forward to seeing Uncle Marshall, GG and PopPop again in a few weeks for Uncle Matt's wedding.

2 comments:

Jean said...

What a fun trip!! I hope Mike ate extra pretzels in honor of me and Tim. :-) Also, I love Peddler's Village. That's where Tim and I went on a group date once in high school, just before he finally asked me out and we started officially dating. :-P We always try to visit again when we're back in PA!!

dietcokegrrl said...

Sounds like a great trip--glad you guys had a such a fun time!