1) No need to go out and purchase a whole new baby wardrobe
2) Max and baby boy #2 could share a room
3) I would get to name him TATE which is what Max would have been had Daddy not taken advantage of my drugged, euphoric, happy state
4) Max would have a brother to rough house with
I also started thinking of my favorite outfits Max wore and how I would try and stage Tate for the same photos to compare. Everyone tells me how similar they look, but I think they look so different. They do have the same square faces, dark eyes and big cheeks. Can you tell which is which?



Comparing their photos got me comparing other things about them...
-Tate can not be alone. Max was happy to sit or lay on the ground with toys for a little while. Tate will cry as soon as he notices no one is in the room.
-Tate can practically launch himself out of the bouncy seat. Max didn't kick much in it.
-Max's eyes are almost black. You can tell Tate's are brown.
-Both boys smile easily. Tate smiled back at anyone by the time he was 2 months old. Max would smile occassionally until around 3-4 months old.
-Max is very loud. He talks loud, walks loud, eats loud, sings loud, whispers loud (you get the idea). He was loud from birth. Tate is generally quiet unless he realizes he is alone, needs to eat, or needs his "Mommy" time which is from 7-8ish EVERY night.
-Max was pretty solid at 6 months. And although I have not directly compared, I feel like Tate weighs more than Max did at this age. Tate weighs 20lbs.
-They are both tall for their age. People always ask how old they are and seem shocked when I say 2 1/2 & 6 months.
-I am so thankful that both boys take/took their "guk" well. (pacifier)
-Tate has mirror image facial similarities with me. I have a cow-lick on the right side of my hair line, Tate's is on the left. My right eye is smaller than my left, for Tate its his left eye that's smaller. My right ear is slightly higher than my left, Tate's left ear is higher. Max has Mike's identical hair line.
-Tate is longer in the torso than Max was as a baby. The shirts Max wore don't fit Tate as well and end up half-shirts whereas the pants he can wear longer.
-Both boys giggled for the first time while Grandpa Holmes was holding them :)
-Max was rolling over by the time he was 5 months old. Tate hates being on his stomach & has rolled over twice
-Max absolutely loves to sing. He sings at nap time, bed time, and any in-between time. Tate sort of moans and gorans to himself a lot when he is intently doing something.
I'm know there is more, but I'm just so tired. Both boys are also not sleeping well these days.
4 comments:
I can totally tell the difference because I was around Max so much as a baby. They are both so adorable! I love that they both smiled for the first time while their Grandpa was holding them...that is so sweet.
I think I can tell the difference... Max's cheeks were big, but Tate's are HUGE!! I love it! This is a great list of all their similarities and differences - I bet you'll love reading this again when they're teenagers. :-) And that is awesome about the facial characteristics that you have in common with Tate. Weston and I both have a little bump on one of our ears, and Tim always says how much he loves that.
He is so adorable!!! And they are lucky boys (all 3) to have a fabulous mama!!!!
Tate and Max are so different. They have similarities but are two different dudes. Both mellow kiddos and that part is no fair.
Post a Comment