(forgive the photo montage, I got really sappy going through photos to pick and couldn't narrow them down. Some have probably been on the blog already).
This Father's day has me especially grateful for a few reasons...
Being pregnant with #2 makes me appreciate Mike so much more. He is wonderful with Max and totally takes over when he gets home from work so I can get other things done or just relax. Even with a broken big toe this week he hasn't slowed down (much). He's hobbled around while I waddle around. I love him for the wonderful husband he is & the fabulous father he has become. And to think, this guy wouldn't even hold a baby before Max! Now he's a bath giving, bottle making, diaper changing fool and I love him for it.



I'm grateful for my father. I'm handier than most girls I know because of my dad, & I don't remember him ever missing a dance or piano recital. With 5 kids, church and a full time job, he sure would have had an excuse. Mike, Max and I love having him stay with us. I admit, partly for selfish reasons. He's an awesome babysitter & handy around the house. But I also love just having my dad around and that Max gets to build a relationship with him. Last week my sister and I drove up to Pleasanton (where we grew up) for 2 graduations. 1 niece graduating junior high & another graduating high school. It was great visiting with family, even though the June gloom was in full force there as well. We drove home Sunday & Monday morning I got a call from my sis that my father had a heart attack and was in the hospital there. I was terrified & scrambled to get in touch with my other siblings. I'm so grateful he was there with my sister still and not on the plane home. I'm even more grateful that he got excellent treatment & is doing better.



I don't remember a ton about my grandfather's. Both had passed away when I was young. So it's important to me that my son get time with his grandfathers. Thank goodness these days for video phones, digital photos, blogs, email, etc. It let's us keep Mike's dad, Pop-Pop up to date on all Max's shenanigans. The end of May we spent some time with Mike's family in Philly. Although he wasn't feeling great, Pop-Pop flipped Max on the couch and kept a close eye on him as Max went up and down the stairs. I love that my son gets to spend time with his Pop-Pop. We're looking forward to a visit in July when Mike's older brother becomes a father for the first time :)



My brother and brothers-in-law are great fathers as well. Watching them be involved in their kids' activities even between busy work and church schedules has been a great example for Mike and I. Apparently it can be done with more than 1 child!
Happy Father's Day to all the wonderful Dad's in my life. I love you.
4 comments:
Awww, great post. Your pregnancy hormones are rubbing off on me- got a little misty eyed. Max is lucky to have such great role models in his life!
What a sweet post! And so sorry to hear about your dad...hope he is doing better!
You are very very fortunate my dear. I have mia grandpa's but hey they will both be there for Sienna's party (possibly) so there ya go. I love how involved your father has been in your lives. It is a huge blessing for your family and I am so happy to hear your Dad is doing better. He is such a sweet guy, literally BLESS HIS HEART.
Awww, this is so sweet!! Great pictures. I love those of Mike with wee little Max. :-)
Post a Comment