1/2/09

Happy New Year

Happy New Year!

New Year's Day we decided to have a couple friends over for dinner. I decided to use everything in my bag of tricks so I ...
-cleaned the house (not that it needed much after my fabulous mother-in-law cleaned while here)
-bought a cheese platter and crackers to snack on while folks arrived
-marinated tri-tip steak
-made an apple/blueberry pie (from scratch-only my second ever!)
-made yorkshire pudding (a Canadian fav for holiday meals)
-made a cherry cheesecake

It was fun, but...
-I forgot to put the cheese platter out
-The steak was a little tough
-The bottom crust of pie didn't cook well so it was soggy
-I over cooked the yorkshire pudding a bit
-Lots of left over cheesecake

Sorry friends. Next year I'll order pizza :) At least Max enjoyed me letting him suck on the beater from the cheesecake, until I took it away.



Also, for the Grandparents, this is video of Max loving the train set under the Larson Family Christmas tree. He watched & chased it for about 20 minutes.



3 comments:

Nat said...

What?! You hid cheese and crackers from us?? Thanks a lot, Rebecca. You are a fabulous hostess and I LOVE every get together we have. Just don't forget the cheese next time... :)

dietcokegrrl said...

Fun post--and hey, having something (or a few things) go wrong just makes it an even better story, right? :) I'm sure it was totally fabulous regardless.

And Max is really just too adorable! When did he get so big? He looks like such a little boy now and not a baby.

La La Land said...

And I'll bet nobody notices but you!! It sounds fab. Miss you!